Clan Symbiosis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Symbiosis

A Relationship Of Mutual Benefit Or Dependance

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ask a question, get an answer!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Epicbo

Ask a question, get an answer! Empty
PostSubject: Ask a question, get an answer!   Ask a question, get an answer! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 am

I think we need a topic like this. Its helpful if you have a question and you just want a quick answer for it. It will also make the forums more active. Also, anyone can answer the questions not just me lol.

Ex. What is the best skillbuild for Glacius?

So go ahead and ask something, if you are lucky you might get an answer! Smile
Back to top Go down
Deathhappens

Deathhappens

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question, get an answer!   Ask a question, get an answer! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 4:19 am

For witchslayer:(after staff)
Hellflower or Frostburn?
Back to top Go down
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question, get an answer!   Ask a question, get an answer! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:53 am

Deathhappens wrote:
For witchslayer:(after staff)
Hellflower or Frostburn?

Witchslayer is a support hero. I reccomend not getting staff at all. It gives alot of hp (which is good) but the improvement on the ult is just 200 damage iirc. 200 damage for 4300 gold, does that sound worth the price? Not exactly. And if you want health, there are other items to get.

Instead of staff i suggest getting any of the following:

Astrolabe: Cheap. Gives ok stats and gives your team a great heal. I think its healing for 250 to your whole team, compare that to staff which deals 200 to a single target.

Nomes wisdom: Cheap. Gives good stats and makes you and your team heal everytime they cast a spell. Very good since your spells costs alot of mana.

Stormspirit: Cheap. Gives you a decent disable that can also save yourself and teammates. Also gives you lots of mana regen and some movement speed. Bad thing is it doesnt give any health.

Tablet of command: Cheap. Gives good stats and pushes a unit foward. Good to get closer to the enemy in ganks and to break channeling spells like tempests ultimate.

Barrier idol: Good if the other team got lots of magic damage. Helps your whole team. Make sure none on your team is getting one first.

Puzzlebox: Can be tricky to micro the minions, but it is a really good item anyway. Gives lots of health/mana and the minions deals tons of damage. Once you have it at level 3, the minions can see invisible units. Great aganst scout, nighthound etc.

Portalkey: This item is great for ganking and initiating.

Kuldras sheepstick: Expensive but gives good damage, health and a great disable. If you can afford one i suggest buying one.

WTF EPICBO I WANT TO BE A CARRY! SUPPORT IS BORING.

Alright, i dont have much experience of carry witchslayers. Staff is still a bad item if you want to carry. I guess hellflower could work. Frostburn would proably be bad since it gives strenght and agility, and you are a intelligence hero. If you want the slow, frostwolf skull is a better choise. Harkons blade could work, since it also makes your spells deal more damage. If you really just want damage, buy a savagemce or a shieldbreaker. But remember that you are going to be easy to kill if you just buy damage items. Witchslayer is best played as support.

(i cant type a short answer) Sad

Edit: If you dont want to listen to my advice, then ill answer your question by saying: Hellflower.
Back to top Go down
Deathhappens

Deathhappens

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question, get an answer!   Ask a question, get an answer! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:34 am

I agree with what you said about Frostburn, wasn't aware that frostwolf offered slow as well.SotM is one of the recommended items for witch slayer,and i think it actually gives more damage than 200.Not 100% sure though.The support items you listed are all good and on my support list, but witch slayer is more of a disabler (with an insta-gib ulti) so i thought my build would be to get staff and Hellflower to maximize damage first and then expensive items( e.g kuldras)
EDIT:If I didn't want to listen to advice, I probably wouldn't ask.
Back to top Go down
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question, get an answer!   Ask a question, get an answer! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:25 am

I think Staff adds 200 damage. Anyway, by the time you get Staff, 200 damage isnt much at all. If you want to be DPS Witchslayer (perfectly viable in pubs), then i guess going hellflower is good. Otherwise kuldra is a good choise. Think about it, kuldra disables for 3.5 seconds iirc, during that time you should be able to deal more than 200 damage by just autoattacking the target.
Back to top Go down
Deathhappens

Deathhappens

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question, get an answer!   Ask a question, get an answer! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:07 am

Well, you have a point.Hm...Back on Frostburn, it doesn't offer damage, but it offers good movement speed, hp and armor, important to get into ganks in time and live through them (witch slayer is really easy to kill if he doesn't disable early)
EDIT:You were right about Staff of the Master, guess it was futile to argue with Epic Bo Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask a question, get an answer!   Ask a question, get an answer! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask a question, get an answer!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan Symbiosis :: Heroes Of Newerth :: Strategies and Guides-
Jump to: