Clan Symbiosis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Symbiosis

A Relationship Of Mutual Benefit Or Dependance

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
blackberry

Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry Empty
PostSubject: Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry   Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Heroes of Newerth

General Notes:

Key Note: “Just farm and lvl” ,last hit creeps and go kill jungle monsters and gank when you see whole team gathering.Go 1 vs 1 depending on ur hero by supprise.You should pay attention to opponent hero’s mana since some heroes can’t hurt much without it,and that lets u play more offencive.Keep farming creeps and jungleing even in late game especially as a carry hero or if ganking isnt priority at the moment,and if laning become dangerous,roaming (moving from lane to lane) / jungling is helpful at this point.Later ingame your hero will be able to defeat stronger neutrals which give you more gold than weaker ones.Neutral monsters inside jungle can be lured to own creep wave in order to last hit them and gain exp more easily at lower lvls

Starting item: Item bought from shop can be resold for full refound within 15 seconds after buying.Best solution is to start with supplies that restore health and mana.There are many solutions,but core items every hero should buy sooner or later are marchers (after starter supplies) and bottle for capturing runes that could be bought at very beggening of the game if you are going to scout for runes straight away,or later ingame.It is usful to buy homecoming stone every now and than for teleportation,its never a waste,so do it even just before you get killed in case all of your gold would be drained at that point (about 250 on regular kill)

Practice game: In order for test option to appear in case it doesnt is to enter menu f10 and than cancel it.To check more detailed skill effects in practice mode toggle skill arrow up to see what lvl it is and scroll mouse over it to see in depth description

Spawning: Runes spawn every 2 minutes at 2 random spots.At start of the game hero who goes middle could buy bottle if he is mana dependent and check rune spots before minions spawn.Neutral monsters spawn: 0:30 seconds at start x:00 later in game.You must be min 500 radius away in order for neutral monsters to spawn.Hero spawn time depends on lvl

Teleportation: If heroes are not damaged every 3 seconds they can use portal key item to blink,so using spells/attacks/skills that do dmg over time disables portal key

Map awareness and laning:

(Tip from heroes-newerth.com about gameplay)

Spend at least 1 second of every 3 looking at the minimap and planning about what to do next. From the start of the game to the finish.

Sometimes if you are safe and in position to do it,you may even scroll over the map to glance whats going on in large screen for second,and analyse some details,especially if you are dead and waiting to spawn.You may even see what items and attributes(like armor/damage/hp) opponent has

Map awareness is absolutely crucial in HoN and you will not believe the awful situations you will avoid if you get into this habit. It is worth the very few last hits/denies you will miss by glancing at the minimap. Once you get really good it should not affect your laning at all. Even in teamfights, you might just piece a situation together and kill another fleeing hero with a glance at the minimap.

Laning: Gankers and stronger heroes go middle lane.Weaker heroes go to more defensive side lane and stronger to less defencive ones (according to position on turret which is different on legion and hellborn side).If you are in position to harras a carry hero in ur lane (ex. as ranged hero against melee carry),hit him as much as possible and than focus on denying own creep rather than last hitting opponent creep.If opponent heroes on lane you are in are harrasing you alot,just move out enough for your range to get experience from creeps killed/denied and to stay out of their range,you can even stay in range by hiding inside invisible zone “fog of war” where they can’t see you.If they are too dangerous and you see it impossible to work in a lane,in some cases deny own creep below 50% hp by auto attacking in order to move closer to tower “tower hug” and stay away from them as much as you can,also try to catch experience with your range from creeps killed by your tower.Sometimes players should call for gank in situations when they can’t do much in their lane and if they get constantly harrased

Focus on opponent heroes in your lane and immidiately report them as mia (missing in action) or ss (missing) as soon as they go missing

See if opponents in other lanes have moved further and if their hp is low,so predict if you can take them down by leaving ur lane and going to them,especially if you have an illusion to trick your current lane opponent

Basic Commands:

Autocasting – Right click skill to turn it to auto-cast (not avevable for all skills).

Holding and stopping animation - Press H to hold position and not attack,and S in order to stop attack animation and delay shooting.

Pinging on map – in order to mark place on map hold alt and left click on map.There are few rules:

* A ping on your own heroes generally means your team thinks they are in danger and are trying to warn them
* A ping in an area you can’t see such as the forest generally means the enemies are there
* Pinging an enemy location usually means people want to attack that position
* A ping on one of your buildings means to defend at that point
* A ping on an enemy building means push this lane
* A single ping on you and then another position means your team whats you to move there, usually to join a push, teammates will most often do this if you are killing neutral creeps in the forest and they want your help.

Last hitting creeps tips:

1.Last hit opponent creeps by using ur mouse to move all the time before creep get to low hp, ull be more alert, and you won’t get herassed so simple.
You can use spells against creeps, if you’re sure you dont have a gank coming(spell cooldown) and have the mana in case you need a gank.

2.if you’re ranged, i suggest pressing hold for better timing, but melee heroes tend to get harassed if directly standing beside a creep.It is safer for both ranged and melee hero to constantly move while waiting to preform last hit because of safety

3.If you can effort the mana and if you’re sure you won’t need the spell for ganks/harassing/escaping etc, feel free to use spells.
try to get as much last hits with every spell as possible if you do so.

4.Try to predict how fast will creep’s hp go down,and when is right moment to shoot forward

5.Last hit success depends on speed of attack,projectile fly time (different heroes attack differently) and damage,getting closer range in order to be more accurate on last hit,however it would be more risky

Controlling units (pets):

f1 = main hero.Altho it is more convinient to assign hero with number 1.

Pressing “c” or clicking unit avatar moves screen to selected unit.

Assigning units by keyboard: select unit/units,hold control (ctrl) and press number (ex. ctrl+1). After this,units will be selected by pressing assigned numbers.Shift button can be used instead of control. (Ctrl and Shift modifiers)

Other way is to use tab (swich units),ctrl+tab or shift+tab (previous/next unit)

Holding ctrl with both hero unit and pet selected and clicking with right mouse button makes pet stay and hero to move.

If multiple units are selected,you can choose between minimized icons what unit you want to be primary and use it’s skills

Wildsoul or pet heroes isnt meant for laning but if so,harrass minions with bear and last hit with wildsoul

Illusions:

One,most popular way is to use illusion is to trick opponents that you are not missing,set illusion on lane you originally were and go other lane to gank by urself or if you attend to gank opponent within your lane just set illusion on hold to make them think you are not going after.Other way to use illusions is to set them at rune spots to scout for runes depending on gameplay priority.Third way to use illusions is for additional damage

Fayde has illusion elite.Another way to gank with it by dealing more dmg is both select fayde and illusion after its cast and move them both near enemy,real fayde would stay in standby while illusion will automatically attack,after it dies,attack once with real fade for ultimate effect to take place,cast burning shadow in shadow stance to stunn and than use cull for extra dmg.Set scythe stance/shadow stance according to what type of hero you are ganking.If spell is used while ultimate is active,backstabb effect will dissapear,so first attack once with real fade in stealth and AFTER that use skills

Picking heroes:

(Tip from heroes-newerth.com about picking heroes)

Note: At hero picking phase right click on hero selection screen: to show teammates what heroes you are going to pick later on

“There are only a few heroes I would pick first, without any info on the enemy team’s ideas, or any communication between you and your team: Jereziah, Defiler, Pollywog, Swiftblade, Predator, Devourer, Valkyrie, Torturer, Soulstealer, Tempest, Arachna. Notice how these are heroes who either have magic immunity, magic resistance, lots of disable or are typically versatile, solo lane dominators, or heroes with great pushing power and virtually all of them are not item-dependent. Most other choices can be countered, or THESE choices ARE great counters to LOTS of heroes”

Hero random tips:

Good team = at least 4 disables + some kind of slow,2 melee heroes ,2 nukers.
Never have a hero that is not good ganker in middle lane (without nukes or stunns).Good lane partners: Demented Shaman + Swiftblade ; Tunderbringer + Behemoth ; Torturer + Pyromancer ; Tempest + Kraken ; slither + electrician ; Forsaken Archer + Chronos .Good Endgame Carries: Maliken,Madman,Soulstealer,Slither,Archana,Nighthound,Valkory,Wildsoul,Magebane,Chronos.

Game replay and matches:

In order to see what you and other players from both of sides did and said during past game,just download and watch replay after game finishes (option to download is located on status page after each game or in statistics).Replays are downloaded into desktop/document folder under heroes of newerth section/game/replays and they can be deleted in there.They can be accessed with “local replays” option inside game or “view statistics” section where “last 20 matches” are displayed on right side of screen,and for easier swiching between matches use “View recent game stats” on left side of screen.Just select match for downloading/watching,you can even check for other player’s match replays by fetching their name ingame or on main website under replay section,there is also “fetch” option for match id

End note:

Read forums and google for gameplay feedback

Tip from heroes-newerth.com
“If you want to get good, play a lot and study a lot. Hero guides will teach you a lot you didn’t know already, and knowledge is power. You will learn a lot through play, but knowledge of the intangible mechanics is probably more important than skill at aiming, micro or timing. It will affect how you use your skills. When you use them, on who, and where. It will even affect the very hero you pick.”

For detailed guides on heroes it is advicable to use google.com or other search engine.Type in: heroe’s name hon guide

Play ranked games mostly when you are concentrated and inspired,and when you have team mates you can rely on

Guides:

http://heroes-newerth.com

http://honwiki.net/wiki/Heroes_of_Newerth_Wiki

http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofnewerth/

http://newerth101.com/

http://honstrategy.com/

http://www.honstrategyguide.com/

Other Websites:

Type of heroes / lanes and other

http://www.newerth.com/smf/index.php?topic=8120.0

Effects:

http://www.allthingshon.com/guides/status-effects-in-hon

Modifiers:

http://www.dotallyrad.com/2010/04/23/hon-item-exclusive-modifiers-and-attack-modifiers-explained/

Attributes:

http://answer.mmosite.com/dic/entry/0/2/39.shtml

Every point of the Hero’s main attribute adds +1 base damage!

I am new to HoN (Have been playing it for like 2 weeks) and I dont know if all informations are valid.. there may be alot of mistakes and badly written stuff in this post (english isnt my mother languiage),but these are some of my personal notes i started writting since i started playing HoN

Last edited by blackberry on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:31 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry   Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:13 pm

"and bottle for capturing runes that could be bought at very beggening of the game if you are going to scout for runes straight away,or later ingame."

"At start of game hero who goes middle should buy bottle at start of game and check rune spots before minions spawn"

Buying a bottle first is a bad decision 99% of the time. Start with some +stat items and some regen and then bring the bottle to you with your courier (you should have a courier everygame).
Bottle isnt good on every hero either. You want one either if you are mid and going for the runes or a hero that can really benefit by having alot of mana regen. Heroes like magmus or behemoth are really good to get a bottle on because they have a terrible mana pool and they are useless without mana. Heroes like glacius are bad to get a bottle on because you wont be going for runes and there are other more important items to get (wards/courier).

"Sometimes players should call for gank in situations when they can’t do much in their lane and if they get constantly harrased"

This is something many people need to learn. If you are losing your lane, instead of calling for a gank, YOU can gank. Of course this isnt always possible. It depends on what hero you are. If you are a carry like scout, you are proably not going to be able to kill anything but creeps. However if you are a hero like slither, you can easly gank a lane, starting from level 1.

"6.(Not confirmed) Easy mode probably makes creeps have less health and easier to last hit,contradictionary to hard mode"

Incorrect. The creeps have the same amount of health in all of the modes. However, in easy mode you get twice as much gold every second so lasthitting is less important.

“There are only a few heroes I would pick first, without any info on the enemy team’s ideas, or any communication between you and your team: Jereziah, Defiler, Pollywog, Swiftblade, Predator, Devourer, Valkyrie, Torturer, Soulstealer, Tempest, Arachna. Notice how these are heroes who either have magic immunity, magic resistance, lots of disable or are typically versatile, solo lane dominators, or heroes with great pushing power and virtually all of them are not item-dependent. Most other choices can be countered, or THESE choices ARE great counters to LOTS of heroes”

I disagree with alot of this. Let me explain:

Jereziah: Agree with this one. Just make sure you wont get a double melee lane.

Defiler: Ok pick. Defiler actually needs a solo lane to be as effective as possible, but could work in a lane too. Defiler is NOT item-independant.

Pollywog: I agree with this one.

Swiftblade: Good pick if you need a carry. If you already have alot of carries/melees dont pick him. Swiftblade is very item dependant though (like any carry).

Predator: Same as swiftblade. Abit harder to play.

Devourer: Please dont pick devourer. Hes very unreliable and if you dont get a good earlygame you will just feed. Hes hard to play and also concidered a low-tier hero.

Valkyrie: Good pick. Javelins can be hard to hit. Requires farm if you expect to be useful lategame.

Torturer: This hero is actually really hard to play correctly (more than just hitting the stuns). He also requires alot of farm. Id stay away from him unless you know what you are doing.

Soulstealer: REQUIRES mid solo. Laning with SS is bad 99% of the time. Hes not an easy hero. You need to be VERY good at farming to play him correctly. Id stay away from him unless you think you are better than everyone else in the game.

Tempest: Good pick in pubs. Landing a good ult is harder than it might seem though.

Arachna: Not that hard to play. Requires alot of farm but if you think you know how to farm then its a great pick.

"Good lane partners: Demented Shaman + Swiftblade ; Tunderbringer + Behemoth ; Torturer + Pyromancer ; Tempest + Kraken ; slither + electrician ; Forsaken Archer + Chronos"

Dsham + swift is really good, Thunderbringer + behemoth is alright, strong nuking potential but hard to harass without mana. Torturer + pyro is good, but its better to pair either of them with a reliable stun. Tempest is usualy jungle, not laning. Slither + elec is strong, forsaken archer + chronos might be strong but both of them needs farm, so its not good that they have to split the farm.

Good Endgame Carries: Sand Wrath,Maliken,Madman,Soulstealer,Slither,Soul Stealer,Archana,Nighthound,Valkory,Wildsoul,Magebane,Chronos.Jereziah can be countered by invisibility heroes

Not sure what you are talking about. Jereziah can be countered by invisibility heroes? Doesnt make sense to me at all. And jereziah is support, not a carry.

Thats what i disagree with, but i think you got everything else correct. Most of it atleast. Good job!
Back to top Go down
blackberry

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry   Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:08 pm

Epicbo,thank you for your feedback,its been alot of help to see if those informations are correct.

Bottle is what i see players to buy often,especially those mid but they might be wrong

Last thing about Jereziah is what i read on HoN offical forums,there was post about it "how to counter this guy" and than someone posted - invisibility,i assume it refers to something like a supprise if a team fight goes on and first target would be him i guess so they can take down carry that won't be protected after him

Easy mode - i see im wrong here now,it was my own conclusion that came out of nowhere lol,probably i was playing higher dmg heroes at start or something i guess to say that

I really like your explanations of heroes and what are they supposed to do./how hard are they to play

You are totally right about SS mid,that is what he is supposed to do,however,recently i found post on HoN offical forums some SS mid had problem against blood hunter for some reason but i wasnt quite sure what it was all about,just adding another info here..

I totally agree on what you wrote about torturer. I tried him today for second time,wanted to see what is this hero about and all i found out reading other guides is you DONT lvl up his ulti untill very late game and you basicly either lvl his 1. and 3. skill or 1. and 2.... 2. skill proved to be good in tower pushing - and i guess that is what torturer is mostly about? - tower pusher. I dont play him well.. probably won't pick him ever again lol

Devourer - hard to play - yes because you need to be very accurate on his grab skill and that TAKES QUITE A BIT OF SKILL TO DO in some situations.I've seen some replays where there was amazing devourer running and grabbing and killing...

I see the reason u think predator is harder to play than swiftblade - maybe because swiftblade is more mobile and has longer magic imunity and flashing ulti,however if team lacks stunns (or disables) i would always pick predator over swiftblade,generally i favorise predator more for some reason

OH! and beside that i did a little research on forums and from what i read i found sand wrath not so good hero overall,at least not best carry out there,so i deleted him from my list

...After all im going to fix all misakes you shown me on both forums and main page,especially the one about bottle and easy mode,LOL

Back to top Go down
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry   Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:49 am

"Bottle is what i see players to buy often,especially those mid but they might be wrong"

Its them doing wrong. Imagine two heroes laning mid, one starting with bottle, the other did not (both equally good players). The one not starting with a bottle is going to outlasthit the other one because he gets extra damage from the +stat, and its easier for him to harass because the opponent have less health, damage and armor.
When im mid against someone starting with a bottle, i win the lane like 90% of the time.

The usual build for going mid (if you are ranged) is 2 of the +3agi/int item (dependant on your heroes primary attribute), 2 minor totems and one health potion + one set runes of blight.

"You are totally right about SS mid,that is what he is supposed to do,however,recently i found post on HoN offical forums some SS mid had problem against blood hunter for some reason but i wasnt quite sure what it was all about,just adding another info here.."

SS got terrible damage without any souls. Bloodhunter can outlasthit SS easly, which wont give SS any souls. SS cant harass BH either because he will just regain the health when he kills creeps. At level 6, BH can either kill SS with his ult, or force him to run back to fountain with nearly no health. Oh, and BH can silence SS if he tries to cast his demon hands.

I must add that bloodhunter is a bad hero in anything but low-level pubs. Why? Because hes a carry that is weak lategame compared to every other carry. He's a decent ganker, but is countered by a homecomming stone. In low level pubs, there are no wards, and people wont carry TPs, this makes bloodhunter able to gank and then get farm that way. This does not work in higher leveled pubs, which makes him a low-tier hero.

"I totally agree on what you wrote about torturer. I tried him today for second time,wanted to see what is this hero about and all i found out reading other guides is you DONT lvl up his ulti untill very late game and you basicly either lvl his 1. and 3. skill or 1. and 2.... 2. skill proved to be good in tower pushing - and i guess that is what torturer is mostly about? - tower pusher. I dont play him well.. probably won't pick him ever again lol"

Impalement makes him a good tower pusher but his main role is AoE DPS. Some people call him a semi-carry because of the ridicolous damage he can do if farmed. You need a lot of health and mana on him. Since you are going to be in the center of the fight, people are going to focus you. Why you need mana is obvious lol Razz

"I see the reason u think predator is harder to play than swiftblade - maybe because swiftblade is more mobile and has longer magic imunity and flashing ulti,however if team lacks stunns (or disables) i would always pick predator over swiftblade,generally i favorise predator more for some reason"

Swift is easier because hes stronger early game and people fear him because of his spin. This makes it easier to farm and get kills early. Pred can only leap in and attack while swift have his ult in teamfights. They are both good carries anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry   Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to Heroes of Newerth. Informations gathered by blackberry
Page 1 of 1