PostSubject: for the fun of it   Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:06 am

i would say 19 kills 0 deaths but i gott greedy at the end

http://replays.heroesofnewerth.com/match_replay.php?mid=7218858
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:47 am

Well played!

But i would never get Elder parasite on Corrupted. If you get it as your first item like in that game, you will die way to easy. If you get it lategame it already lost most of it effect. So its just a bad item on him, and on most other heroes. You die to easy with it. Your other items were good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chezze

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:49 am

i do not agree. most games i get that item and it gives a boost in taking mobs and grinings fast cash for wingblow. + its a great thing when in the midd of fight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:00 am

Alright so i started up a practice game. Lets say you get elder parasite + steamboots by the time you hit level 8. You will have 948 hp but you will also take 20% increased damage. That means you are going to have 790 hp. This means that you will go down quickly in any fight. Sure it does help you deal more damage but the 1900 gold that it costs could be spent on something better.

You are saying that it gives a boost in taking mobs and grinding fast cash. I understand what you are saying but i disagree.

Theres a farming technique called "Static farming". When static farming you want the creepwave on the lane you are farming to be close to your tower. This can be achieved by only attacking the enemy creeps when they are one hit away from dying, and attacking your own creeps when they are below 50% hp. Instead of pushing the creeps to thier tower, the creeps will be closer to your tower. Why would you want that? Well because when the creeps are close to thier tower, its easy for the enemies to gank you. Instead if the creeps is close to your tower, you are much more safe because you are protected by the tower. When static farming, which you should do early game, Elder parasite does not help at all.

Ok elder parasite might help when killing neutrals. But you should mostly be farming lanes early and not forest. And if you have to farm forest, you have you first skill to help.

So Elder Parasite only helps you slightly when farming neutrals, but also increases damage done/damage taken i battles. Remember, if you didnt buy elder parasite, you would be 1900 gold closer to wingbow!

Another thing i noticed is that you do not level Corrupted Conduit until level 22-25. Alot of people underestimate this ability. At level 4, it drains 20 damage per second until you go out of range or 200 damage have been drained. If you stand near someone with conduit on, you will not only deal damage like you had a doombringer, but thier attacks wont deal any damage at all. This makes him really strong at 1v1 fights. And the spell barely cost any mana.

My build for corrupted is:
1 Tide (1/4)
2 Conduit (1/4)
3 Tide (2/4)
4 Conduit (2/4)
5 Tide (3/4)
6 Ulti (1/3)
7 Tide (4/4)
8 Conduit (3/4)
9 Conduit (4/4)
10 Passive (1/4)
11 Ult (2/3)
12 Passive (2/4)
13 Passive (3/4)
14 Passive (4/4)
15 Stats
16 Ult (3/3)
17+ Stats

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ridlyn

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:35 am

You'd be better off with something like an Alchemist Bones if you're doing it for a faster farm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chezze

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:08 am

ok about that drain spell i dont ever use it just becouse i never understand directly what it did. but i wil try to use it more. about my elder what i do build is first boots +10 agi and then firebrand. thats only becouse i want my cd to be fast in and out of battles. by the time i get elder im around lvl 10-13. then i use it to get more run speed (it gets me up to 511 i think) and to get down most of the hard creeps around. but Alchemist Bones you say. hmm i might try that. but then i have no speed boost Sad btw i use more or less the same build on chronos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deathhappens

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:02 am

Firebrand is extra-shiny on Chronos because it can be turned into a Geo's Bane, VERY useful to maximize the danage you do in the Chronosphere.Dunno about getting it before Elder's though, at least on Chronos I've found that I'm unable to get any damage out with it...Probably switch them around, then it rocks. Smile

Last edited by Deathhappens on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:27 am

If you are going to get Steamboots + Elder parasite, you NEED to have the steamboots set on Strength.

Epicbo wrote:
Alright so i started up a practice game. Lets say you get elder parasite + steamboots by the time you hit level 8. You will have 948 hp but you will also take 20% increased damage. That means you are going to have 790 hp. This means that you will go down quickly in any fight.

When i did that i was counting on steamboots on strenght. Let me do that again without putting steamboots on strenght.

Corrupted level 8: 758 hp
+20% damage taken (758/1.2)

632 HP! Thats ridicolously low. People might not be able to catch you, but once they get a stun on you, you are going down!

Earlygame, when you get your elderparasite, the majority of the damage done is not by normal attacks, its done by spells. With EP you would proably win a fight against another hero 1v1 IF they just attacked you with thier normal attack. The problem is, most heroes also got a spell that deals damage. Now this game is not about 1v1, but 5v5. How would you do in a real fight if you die in 3 spells that deals 300 damage (which most spells does)?

Now you might think, "but usualy they are stupid and dont focus me". You cant think like that. You cannot make a build for a hero that relies on the enemies to be stupid. Always try to play aganist as good opponents as possible if you want to improve.

Anyway ill tell you my itembuild for corrupted.

I start with:

This gives some regeneration, some damage that makes lasthitting easier, and a slight hp/mana bonus.

Then i buy

Increases your damage by 24 and makes you run fast! Once you get these, lasthitting wont be a problem. Ganking will be much easier also. Ghostmarchers gives you nearly the same movement speed as steamboots + elderparasite would.

Next, i turn my into

This gives me a health boost, which is needed to survive all the spells from the enemies.

Next i work on my main item. The first big item. Now theres several choises depending on the game.

: +60 damage and reduces armor. Works well with his other spells (his ult reduces armor to and the extra -armor is good to get the most out of your conduit)

Havent tired it myself but if you are troubled by single-target spells and you need hp, i guess it could work.

Situational item imo. It doesnt give that much damage but it have the really useful ability to "purge" enemies or friends. Purging an enemy slows them (great for ganking) and removes all positive effects they have on them. This includes things like: Hammerstorms Ulti and Dark Ladys dark blades. Purging a hammerstorm with his ult on could make him near useless in the fight. It also KILLS summons, so its great to use on Hellbringers Malphas to instantly kill it. Oh, and you can purge yourself or your allies to remove bad effects.

Proably the best item in the game if you want raw damage. It also makes you unable to miss (uphills or if you are standing in nighthounds cloud). And it ministuns (great against channeling heroes like pollywog, electrican and tempest).

A good item for CD. Gives a bit of everything, damage, health, movement speed, etc and the ability to summon 2 illusions.

You should not get this as your first item. But if you already have a damage item or two, and you need more hp, this item is good.

(Frostburn)
Its actually a great item for corrupted. It gives abit of everything. Damage, health, movement speed, attack speed and a good slow. It makes him a great ganker.

Good item. Gives alot of attackspeed and damage. It also comes with evasion, a chance to dodge normal attack. Good item to get if the other team have alot of carries.

This item is a must in some games. It gives alright damage and some health, but it makes you immune to most spells. If the enemies have a lot of dangerous spellcasters you will need this item.

I love this item. If you manage to conduit someone for 10 sec you can crit over ninethous- i mean one thousand. 1000 crits are always fun Razz

I proably forgot something :s
Back to top Go down
View user profile
luvcraft

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:50 am

You seem to have the wrong idea about farming.

Early farming isn't about how fast you kill the creeps its about getting the last hit on yours and theirs which helps you because their creeps should advance faster to your tower (because you didn't kill them faster by attacking all the time) and there you have the advantage of ganking, creeping, etc.

Late farming is when you just defend towers or go push a bit and kill creeps as fast as you can, but still in late games it should be pretty easy for a carry to kill the creeps fast enough without the use of such a risky item such as elder parasite. I would never advise you to get EP except on chronos for use in chronosphere and because he has rewind which could negate lots of damage. Otherwise, when i stopped using EP a lot, my games got a lot better and currently I adore enemies that buy EP because basically it's like a free hellflower +20% dmg.

Also, i buy steamboots on CD not ghost marchers - more survivability, attack speed and you really get lots of move speed from your third spell and after that i always go geometers bane = +10% run speed. Makes ghost marchers useless.

i hope this wasnt too late of an answer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: for the fun of it   

Back to top Go down

for the fun of it
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan Symbiosis :: Heroes Of Newerth :: Replays-
Jump to: