Clan Symbiosis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan Symbiosis

A Relationship Of Mutual Benefit Or Dependance

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TSR - True Stats Rating.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Slotteh

TSR - True Stats Rating. Empty
PostSubject: TSR - True Stats Rating.   TSR - True Stats Rating. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 1:18 am

TSR - True stats rating is a mod addon for HoN which takes away the pain of finding a good match. It completely ignores PSR rating and combines a number of stats together to give a basic TSR Score. So when you are looking for games, instead of eyeing up the PSR, download this and look at their TSR. Try to avoid playing games with people below 2.0 score and try and aim for 4.0+

Great way to weedle out the players that will end up making you lose the game. Download link is here.
Back to top Go down
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: TSR - True Stats Rating.   TSR - True Stats Rating. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 6:10 am

This is kind of accurate. There are some things with the formula that i dislike but i think TSR works better than PSR in 1500 PSR games and below.
Back to top Go down
Epicbo

PostSubject: Re: TSR - True Stats Rating.   TSR - True Stats Rating. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 7:33 pm

zzz im bored so ill just type random stuff.

Anyway a reason why i dislike TSR is because some of the good things you do ingame negatively affects your TSR. Lets give you an example:

Im andro, standing 1000 range away from soulstealer in my team while he is farming some creeps. Suddenly the other teams pharaoh jumps in with his ult on soulstealer and traps him inside his mummies. The rest of the enemy heroes are quickly approaching poor soulstealer.
This would be a sure death for soulstealer but luckly for him im andro with lvl 3 swap. I swap position with soulstealer, making him able to escape while im trapped inside pharaohs mummies. The enemies are now in range to use thier abilities on me...
Since soulstealer is our teams carry, the tradeoff is worth it.

However this will negatively affect my TSR because:
It increases my average deaths/game
It decreses my exp/min because i cant get any while im dead
It decreases my gold/min because i died and i cant farm while im dead
My creepkills will be decreases because i cant get any while im dead

However, saving soulstealer increased our chance of winning. Therefore it kind of increases my PSR.

This is one of the reason i dislike TSR
Back to top Go down
Neescher

PostSubject: Re: TSR - True Stats Rating.   TSR - True Stats Rating. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 4:26 am

Epicbo:

On the other hand, if you have a lot of CK, CD, hero kills, etc... but still lose, it doesn't matter because you're going to lose PSR.

Or if you play a babysitter/support, and after 10 minutes you realize all your carry/semi-carry heroes are shit, so you're standing there with 30 denies and 4 wards placed after 15 minutes and your hero stats are 0-1-10. You lose the game, you lose PSR.

In these cases TSR will be more accurate. And let's be honest: They are far more likely than the one you mentioned. (I'm talking about pubs and games for normal people like us. High-level competetive games aren't AB'd anyway, so neither PSR nor TSR will do any good.)

I have TSR installed, but don't use it for balancing, I just use it out of curiosity. For example which enemy player I have to look out for in pubs, or which hero I'm going to ban (if there's a 7.00 TSR player with 30% devourer out there... well.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TSR - True Stats Rating.   TSR - True Stats Rating. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TSR - True Stats Rating.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Clan Symbiosis :: Heroes Of Newerth :: Strategies and Guides-
Jump to: